Hospice Help Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization located at Carey Cottage in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. HHF’s mission is to improve the comfort and quality of life for hospice patients and their families by providing urgent financial relief. We partner with hospices throughout New Hampshire, Southern Maine, and beyond, to provide an extra layer of support to impoverished hospice patients by funding essential needs that they would otherwise not be able to afford, such as rent and heating, warm meals and clothing, transportation costs to stay connected to loved ones, glasses and hearing aid repairs, and modest last wishes. HHF also works with local organizations to educate community members about end of life options.
Job Opening: Foundation Coordinator
Title: Foundation Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Basic Functions: Office Management, Administration, and Outreach
Location: Portsmouth, NH
Starting Salary: $18-20/hour, commensurate with experience and qualifications
Hours: Part-time: 15-18 hours/week
Starting Date: October 1, 2021
Position Description: Reporting to and working with the Executive Director, the Foundation Coordinator will support the logistical, operational, and communication details of the organization, maximizing the leader’s time and advancing the organization’s strategic goals. They will be responsible for office management for a small nonprofit, including filing, answering the phone, ordering supplies, correspondence, mailings, database management, processing donations, and other general duties as assigned. They will also process donations and generate acknowledgment letters. Lastly, they will support the ED in outreach, marketing, and social media communications. This position also includes support of fund raising and volunteer activities including donor relations, event management, and recruiting and coordinating volunteers.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Fundraising and Outreach Support:
- Use Donor Management database to input gifts, track donor data and interactions, produce relevant reports and correspondence;
- Managing grantor and individual donor data and producing reports;
- Assist with mailing logistics for Annual Appeal and other direct mail efforts;
- Assisting Executive Director in tracking grants and grant reporting;
- Organizing and tracking donations and fundraising efforts, including large and small events and sales and direct mail appeals;
Administration & Office Management:
- Answer the phone, handle office correspondence and mail retrieval;
- Track inventory, order office supplies and serve as point of contact for vendors;
- Organize and oversee equipment maintenance, repair and all IT issues; including the implementation of new office systems and software;
- Provide organizational and administrative support to Board and committees including scheduling meetings, coordinating and disseminating relevant materials, and following up on materials owed;
- Manage office calendar including meetings and appointments, track relevant deadlines;
- Maintain office filing system, archives and records;
- Represent HHF in a positive manner and communicating efficiently, professionally and cordially in all circumstances;
- Support with events and other matters as may from time to time be necessary or assigned.
- Dedication to HHF’s mission and the work of hospice;
- B.A. or equivalent in work experience — 3 years proven administrative experience preferred;
- Highly organized yet flexible – adept at working on multiple projects concurrently and adapting in a fast paced environment;
- Commitment to moving projects forward while maintaining attention to detail;
- Capacity to work efficiently and effectively, meet timelines in achieving goals;
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with discretion;
- Ability to develop trusted, effective and multi-directional working relationships with diverse multicultural constituencies, including ED, board of directors, staff, volunteers and other stakeholders;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Proficiency with office software including MSOffice Suite, database management, & mail merges — comfortable learning new computer programs;
- Able to lift up to 15 pounds occasionally, when hauling displays/materials to tabling or workshop events.
Successful education and employment records and reference checks will be required prior to any job offer being extended.
Work Hours and Conditions
This part-time position (15-18 hours/week) will be based at Hospice Help Foundation’s office at Carey Cottage in Portsmouth, NH. Regular office hours are 9:00am-5:00pm, Monday-Friday, though there is some flexibility in those hours and the ability to telecommute. Some weekend and evening work will be required. All necessary office equipment, furnishings, and supplies will be provided.
Hospice Help Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. HHF will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, gender identity, gender experience, whistleblower activity, or any other classification protected by law in all personnel actions including, without limitation, hiring, training, compensation benefits, promotion, leave and termination.
How to apply: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include your first and last name and “Foundation Coordinator” in the subject line. Please do not send hard copy materials – only materials sent to the appropriate email address will be considered.
Timeline: Position will be posted until filled.